Thursday, September 1, 2016

Slow Down

I've decided I am not a fan of getting older. I guess I already knew this but it is unbelievable to me that it's September 1st of 2016. Seriously, it feels like I had Case just a while ago and my baby just turned 4. FOUR I tell you. For that matter even my pregnancy with him went way to fast. Not to mention I will be 44 in December. Y'all that's 1 year shy of being half way through my 40's.

I know it's said a million different ways and a million times but man oh man... Time please slow down.

I'm not ready for my kids to be grown yet. I'm not ready for Kaden to be in 8th grade and I am certainly not ready for my 2 oldest to be grown men not in the teens anymore. People I already have 2 out from under my wings and one's already half way there. This was not my plan. When I was a little girl and dreamed of the day I got to be a mommy, it never occurred to me that one day they would leave. Truthfully, lots of things about being a mommy never occurred to me... but that's a whole other blog post! At this season in my life of being a mom, I've seen A LOT! And I wouldn't trade any of it. If being a mom is my calling, I am 100% ok with that. It's my joy, it makes me happy, even on the stressful, no good rotten days. Because at the end of those days, when they tell me goodnight and hug me tight with the words "I love you momma" all is right.


No comments:

Post a Comment