Monday, June 6, 2016

Glad Yesterday Day is Done

What started out as a fairly good Sunday turned into a day I couldn't wait to get into bed and finish it as fast as I could. Church was nice, lunch was good. 

We had family pictures scheduled with my mom, sister and her family for 5:45. My oldest niece was running late which put my older boys behind. My brother-in-law was late coming in from work and so as anyone can imagine... we're running pretty behind. We got some pretty good shots in of my family, some of the whole family and then was just about to start on the cousin shots when the photographer stumbled/fell of the step stool she was standing with an audible crack. Before it was all said and done, there was an ambulance with an incredibly nervous EMT, lots of screams of pain and panic on the faces of the kids. My sister did her best to soothe the photographer (their friends) while the rest of us stood around and did our best to keep it together. Pretty traumatic.
She's had 1 surgery this morning with 2 more to go from what we've been told. 

Remind me to never break another bone... tail bones are enough for me to know I don't want to ever do it again. 

It's really a sad deal. We aren't really sure how to proceed with the pictures, we want to be patient but at the same time, these kids are growing kids and certainly don't want to waste any time and them grown out of the clothes they were wearing! Here's just a snap shot I took and edited myself...




Moving on...
Now for the worst part of my day. Case has recently found a love for hot dogs. Not really sure why, he loves chili dogs. He typically pulls them apart before eating but loves them none the less. Until last night. As far as I am concerned, he'll never eat a hot dog again, at least not til he is 30. He was full on choking so much so that I had to pick him up and turn him with his head down and beat on his back. Finally he started to cry and I was able to get him to spit it out. Let me tell you, I would honestly rather break both legs than do that again. Worst possible feeling ever. I was afraid to fall asleep, I expected nightmares and a lousy nights sleep. Thankfully that didn't happen. He slept great and was his sweet little self this morning. Thank you God! Many prayers of thanksgiving.

God had blessed me immensely, and I pray that I never forget that or take it for granted. I am currently re-reading\listening to The Shack. The beginning is so hard to listen to. I hate that part of the story. I am anxious to get into the relationship part though. I don't remember much as I wasn't in a great place or really open to the story the first time. I feel like I am in a much better place emotionally now.

1 Chronicles 16:34
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment