Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Teenagers- BOY Teenagers

This year we lose a teenager but gain another. Christian turns 20 and Kaden just turned 13 which just makes me old. Like seriously. I feel like my body has officially realized its over 40 and is just done! Well my knees at least, buts that a whole other blog post.

Seriously though, first off I've never been a teenage boy... I know your all surprised. But apparently boys brains just go to mush. Like there's not a care left in there for anything more than video games and phone apps. Eh, maybe its different cares for each teenager. For Christian at 13/14 he was all about smelling good, looking good and GIRLS. For Kaden, he literally couldn't care less about how he looks or smells. He's interested in girls but it doesn't seem to motivate him. This kid is so smart and I know I am biased but he's really handsome. Seriously. But how do you motivate an unmotivated teenager. I wish I had a video monitor into his head. On second thought... No, No I don't. 

There was some suggestions made about getting him tested for gifted and talented. I am interested in doing that. Maybe even some sort of testing to see what we can do motivate him. We have tried everything. Well except for selling him on the black market... but I kinda love him. Don't really want to part with him just some of his habits or lack there of.

My goal this summer is to get us both on an exercise plan and get him in shape and hopefully he can walk into 8th grade a new kid.  It would be awesome to build his self confidence along with spending quality time with him. He's hilarious and has so much to say!
He's got a pretty busy summer. Band camp for 2 weeks as well as church camp for 1. 

One of my favorite scriptures and one I need to be better at remembering not just for me but for him also. God has a plan, and a great one. 

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment