Thursday, October 27, 2011

I feel old

Yesterday my precious boy Ryan turned 19. I guess I cant say boy any more... He is very much grown, lives on his own and doesn't really need me anymore. (he does occasionally and I love it!)

19 years ago my life to a dramatic turn, one that changed me forever. I couldn't wait to meet this little life who had been using my bladder as a trampoline for months. We didn't know if he was a boy or a girl, all I knew was that my dream of being a mom was about to come true. I had everything planned out, I would get my epidural, he or she would come right out and life would just be perfect... And of course it was nothing like that... Right around the time I was dilated to a 5 which was my epidural goal, they came in to break my water. What does my child do? He freaks out, poops and his heart rate drops. The nurses immediately tell me to flip over on my hands and knees and the rush me to the OR for emergency delivery WITHOUT an epidural. That's right I said without. Not only did I bring this kid into the world with no pain meds but they used forceps to boot... I shouldve known right then what I was getting into!

Ryan was born at 10:09 am on October 26, 1992. I was a few months from turning 20. He wasn't breathing when they took him across the room to work on him... they didn't even tell me if he was a boy or a girl... Finally I heard his sweet little cries. He was rushed to the NICU where he stayed for 7 days. Sadly, those pictures are not digital and I don't know when I will get around to getting them that way... but here are some that are digital...

Here he is starting school at 11

this was his 16th birthday


here he is a couple of weeks ago...
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment