Thursday, September 1, 2011

School is in session and Momma's finally home!

Geez, it felt like I was never gonna get home and stay home. I had 2 conferences back to back with about 48 hours home in between. Just enough time to make sure my munchkins had all they needed for their first day of school which I missed. My baby is a 3rd grader, OMG... Christian is a sophomore... Lord have mercy... I am getting old!

So I was in New Orleans for a 4 days, where it was hot and sticky... this West Texas girl can take the heat but not the humidity... It was a good conference, just busy. I did however discover Geo-caching and like it A LOT! So much so, that I've drug my family on several hunts since I've been home! Here's how my 48 hours home went... got off the plane, unpacked, met the teacher, did laundry, checked off school supply lists, loved on the hubby, packed and headed to Corpus Christi for 5 days. Where it was once again, hot and sticky! Yuck... Another busy conference. I guess that's what I get for being on so many committees! Oh well. The great news is that this will be the last time I have to miss a first day of school since this conference is moving to April! Yay!

So now I am back home, doing the normal routine, catching up on laundry, TV and work! Its good to be back with my precious family. Now its band and 3rd grade homework that's keeping me busy but I wouldn't have it any other way. Love love love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment