Wednesday, June 22, 2011

When it rains it pours... thank God for rainbows

Its always hard to see someone you care about going through something that you literally can not help them through. Its even harder to see it get worse and worse and worse. What I didn't realize that its just as hard when its you going through something and you know that no one can say or do anything to ease the hurt. Specially when that is the one thing you want. Someone to tell you its gonna be ok and really feel like it is. I understand that the reality is it does get better but when your world crashes around you and then crashes again and again...  a light at the end of a tunnel is the last thing you ever expect to see again. I can honestly say that even on a good day in the last 2 weeks, I cant see the light at the end yet. I feel like maybe I will someday, and believe when i say someday, the sooner that someday gets here the better.

My rain storm turned into a thunderstorm then turned into a tsunami. The good news is that i have seen an occasional rainbow and that in itself gives me hope. Because I know that a rainbow is God's promise that he will guide us through any storm, I force myself to wake up, get up and move. So far my rainbow has peaked through the storm clouds a few times which gives me hope that my storm is coming to an end... Right now hope and faith are my saving grace. Without those occasional glimpses, I would be lost. Thank God for my rainbow, my light at the end of the tunnel.


When you feel battered by life’s storms and you are filled with doubt. Just remember God’s rainbow is coming and He’ll be there for you
Genesis 9:16
When the rainbow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment